Terms & Conditions
Female Pilot Club 2024 Script Call Terms & Conditions
The Female Pilot Club Script Call (the FPCSC) is offered to you by Female Pilot Club Ltd (the 'FPC'), with a registered office at 92 Norbiton Ave, Kingston Upon Thames, England, KT1 3QP and a company registration number of 14248110.
By submitting an entry for the FPCSC you are submitting your details to FPC (the "Promoters") and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Prizes: The 'Quarter-Finalists' and 'Semi-Finalists' shall be recognised by having their names and script titles published on the FPC's website and social media channels.
The writers with the best scripts (the 'Finalists') shall be recognised by having their names and script titles published on the FPC's website social media channels.
The Finalists shall also:
a) receive notes on the scripts by the Promoters; and
b) have their scripts read live by comedy actors in front of a live industry audience ('Showcase Event'), as selected by the Promoters.
2. Finalists Selection:
After the 'Closing Date', a judging panel that includes at least one (1) independent judge with sufficient qualifications/experience, will select the Finalists based on:
a) quality of writing;
b) strength of comedic writing;
c) strength of story and structure;
d) ability to write believable dialogue;
e) skill in inhabiting characters and developing convincing relationships between them;
f) pace; and
g) how well the script fits the brief
The decision by the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Finalists will be selected at the judging panel's discretion and no Prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of an entrant. No alternative prize will be given and the Prizes are non-transferable & non-exchangeable. However, the Promoters reserve the right to change the Prizes due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
Each Finalist agrees to absolve the Promoters from any liability that may result from or is claimed to have resulted from participating in the FPCSC and/or from the acceptance or use of the Prizes. Nothing in these terms and conditions in any way limits the Promoters' liability for fraud, or death or personal injury caused by negligence.
Finalists will be notified via email, the message will inform each Finalist of the next steps in the process (the "Prize Message"). The Finalists should respond within 5 days to the Prize Message. Failure to respond to the Prize Message within the timeline stipulated may result in the Prizes being forfeited and an alternate Finalist being selected. The Promoters shall not be liable if any of the Finalists cannot receive it for reasons beyond its control.
3. The Promoters shall notify the Semi-Finalists and Quarter-Finalists via email. The Promoters' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The Promoters shall use its reasonable endeavours to notify the Finalists via email. The Promoters' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible to enter the FPCSC you must meet the following criteria:
a) You must be at least 18 years of age at the date of your submission.
b) You must identify as a UK or Ireland-based woman; you must be a resident in, or citizen of the UK or Ireland.
c) You must not be employed as part of FPC.
d) Writers currently serving a term of imprisonment in the UK and/or with unspent convictions must disclose details of such convictions with any entry. Proof of age, identity, residency and eligibility may be requested. The Promoters' decision as to the eligibility of individual entrants will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Following payment of the stated submission fee for the window in which you are submitting, entrants must submit the following via email to email@example.com and with a subject line of 'FPC 2024 Script Call', no later than 11:59pm GMT on the stated Closing Date:
a) One pilot episode TV script or Radio script:
i. that is original and belongs to you;
ii. that is unpublished;
iii. is in screenplay format;
iv. is converted to PDF;
v. is a maximum of 35 pages long;
vi. has a title page including: full name, contact details, series title and episode title; vii. which is named as follows: 'LAST NAME OF WRITER_ FIRST NAME OF WRITER_ TITLE OF SERIES';
viii. is complete (ie no extracts); and
b) a pitch for your series that is no longer than one paragraph
c) Your application must be legibly typed and formatted. Entries must be written in English. If you submit any part of a script in another language you must also include your own translation of this into English.
d) You may submit either individually or as part of a writing team of up to a maximum of two (2) people. If entering as a pair, both entrants must meet the entry requirements.
e) Only one (1) entry may be submitted by each writer, either as a solo writer or as part of a writing partnership.
7. The Promoters as data controllers, are responsible for handling personal data in accordance with data protection law. The Promoters have a legitimate interest in using the personal data for the performance of this agreement, in the administration of the FPCSC.
8. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The script must not currently be under option by a production company. The Promoters do not accept liability if entrants ignore these rules and entrants agree to fully indemnify the Promoters against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these rules.
9. The Promoters may receive a high number of submissions, and similarities of subject matter often occur. The Promoters do not undertake to compensate you if material similar to yours, received coincidentally from another source, is subsequently commissioned or produced.
10. The following are ineligible and will not be considered:
a) multiple submissions from an entrant;
b) extracts. Each script submitted must be complete;
c) DVDs, videos, CDs, audio tapes, or any video/audio material (whether it accompanies a script or otherwise);
d) new scripts written for existing or previously produced shows and/or characters;
e) short stories, novels, unpublished prose manuscripts, poetry or work you wish to have adapted into a script;
f) entries submitted after the Closing Date;
g) adaptations for broadcast of another writer's idea (including adaptations of other writers' novels); and
h) comedy sketch shows.
11. Entries will be judged and selected using the following process:
Stage One: All eligible entries will be reviewed by an industry reader.
Stage Two: The Quarter-Finalists and Semi-Finalists shall be selected and notified via email and their name shall be announced on FPC's website and social media channels.
Stage Three: The Finalists shall be selected and notified via email. The Finalists shall have their name announced on the FPC's website and social media channels after confirmation by the Promoters.
Stage Four: The Promoters shall write notes on the Finalists' scripts which shall be provided to each of the Finalists.
Stage Five: Each of the Finalists shall provide re-writes following receipt of the notes referred to in Stage Four, at a date mutually determined prior to the Showcase Event
Stage Six: A readthrough of each of the Finalist's scripts shall take place at the Showcase Event. This stage is expected to take place March 2024.
12. Publicity and Data Protection:
Entry to the FPCSC gives the Promoters the right, without separate consent or compensation, to publicise any Quarter- or Semi-Finalist names and any Finalist names to make further use of these in printed publications and on the internet, solely for administering the FPCSC in accordance with applicable law.
13. Entrants must agree to take part in any post-scheme publicity if required. Photographs and video taken during the Showcase Event may be used by FPC for its promotional purposes.
14. The Promoters reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these terms and conditions or which may bring either/both the Promoters into disrepute, including any entries which profit from criminal activity.
15. By applying for the scheme, entrants warrant that they have legal capacity to enter the scheme and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
16. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
17. Contact Details: For all queries or issues with this competition please use the following contact details:
Last updated: 1 November 2023